My goal this holiday season for the 1st time was to have my Christmas shopping done, gifts wrapped, and Christmas cards ready to go by December 1st with a little encouragment from the FlyLady (FlyLady.net). I have never set this goal for myself before and I was working on it.... then I came across this fabulous site 100 Days to Christmas. This was just what I needed to help me actually accomplish this goal! So far, I've been able to do each of the little daily steps (inspirations) which come through email daily. I get my daily inspirations/alerts on my blackberry... and I love it! -- I'm gonna breeze through the holidays this year and with six (6) children this will be a quite a feat and blessing!
I'm so excited to do this REVIEW & GIVEAWAY on Sweet Grass Farm! I fell in love with Sweet Grass Farm products after a visit to New England and staying at a childhood friends home. During my stay, her home smelled divine... she had something from Sweet Grass Farm in every room. Fragrance sticks, candles, hand soap, dish soap, and lotions. As soon as I arrived back home I couldn't wait to get some for myself! I went to their very user friendly website http://www.sweetgrassonline.com/ and found out more about this fabulous company and their products! Sweet Grass Farm started on a premise -- they were always interested in creating their own body care products and soaps. They started in the kitchen, hand stirring batches of creative and good-for-you products, they dreamt of a business that could provide fragrant and gentle products at affordable prices, with a good does of friendly service... and that is just what they have done!
I placed an order for some of their products I just couldn't wait to have in my own home... their Liquid Hand Soap and Shea Butter Lotion in Lavender (at every sink)... of course, I had to have the matching scented 100% Soy Candle, matching Hand Soap and lotion in Lemon Verbena at the kitchen sink with matching Dish Soap and Candle. Their products make my home a 'Home'! Sweet Grass Farm is a way of life for me.
I was thrilled to get on their site recently and see their new Meadow Collection! Thanks to Sweet Grass Farm I got to try their Body Wash in Pure Lavender now this is also a 'must have' on my list! They are also offering one of my fabulous readers one for themselves!
Do you ever feel stressed after a long day's work? Then its time to unwind the stress with some Body Wash. With our daily hectic and tight schedule we don't often get time to get rid of our stress. Well, there is an inexpensive and great way to relax and feel rejuvenated. Take a bath or shower with Sweet Grass Farm Meadow Collection Body Wash (follow with their matching scented lotion). They offer four different delightful scents like Sweet Mint, Almond Blossom, Pure Lavender, & Vanilla Milk that effect your mood in a positive way! After using their Pure Lavender scented Body Wash...WOW... it was so relaxing in the evening but, yet invigorating in the morning!
The Body Wash is a lush, rich body wash that is lightly scented. It will leave your skin feeling refreshed and invigorated. Rinsing cleanly, it is composed of a sugar based, all natural cleanser, and it features extracts of Milk Thistle and Meadowsweet for their antioxidant properties, as well as Linden Flower for its cell renewal properties. A wonderful everyday shower and hand wash for the bath or by the sink.
3. Retweet the following: ' I entered to #win a Sweet Grass Farm Pure Lavender Body Wash @ Bizee Mama's Beauty Secrets! Stop by & enter http://bit.ly/9oGwgd #giveaway ' ~ You can retweet once a day for 1 entry each time (please leave me the URL so I can verify your tweet (1 entry per day)
4. Add me to your PUBLIC Blog Roll make sure to leave a URL I will be checking. (2 entries)
5. Grab my button and tell me where it is make sure to leave an address I will be checking. The button MUST be on your HOMEPAGE. (5 entries)
Giveaway ends September 30th at 11:59PM EST. US only. Winner will be picked via Random.org. Please include your email address in at least one of your comments. For example: BizeeBeauty@yahoo.com so that I may get in touch with you if you are selected as the giveaway winner. Please respond within 48 hours, or a new winner will be chosen.
This was not a paid post. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.
I want to share with you some ways I have consciously thought of to help make my families meals healthier. We are considered a rather large family these days and are on on the go often. But, family dinner time is one of the most important! I'm fortunate my children are not very picky. I'm sure this is from being from a large family they really don't have a choice. Our dinners usually consist of the basics. A meat, veggie, & starch. However, when preparing each one of these I try to be a bit creative on flavor but, health is most important. These are some of the ways I do this. I hope this will give you a few idea's for your family meals.
1) When cooking Veggies ~ I steam them instead of boiling them to keep more of the vitamins & nutrients in them. I will add a touch of soy sauce to the water for flavor. Then I season them by sprinkling them with a favorite seasoning. Great substitute for butter.
2) A better choice for table salt ~ I use Sea Salt instead of the highly processed salt you find in many grocery stores. Nothing beats a sea salt/peppercorn mill to cook with and on the dinner table.
3) When I make cookies or cake ~ I try and substitute half of the butter with applesauce, pumpkin or prune puree depending on the recipe. Less fat; more nutrients.
4) Add Beans ~ Thicken soups with pureed beans. Delicious and added nutrition. Our family loves them. Yes, we have to sing the song... beans, beans the musical fruit... I think most of you know the rest of that song! :]
5) Try healthier ways to actually cook your foods ~ We often grill or stir-fry. Even microwaving, baking, and boiling instead are better than say deep frying.
6) Try fresh or dried herbs ~ (basil, oregano, parsley) and spices (lemon pepper, chili powder, garlic powder) to flavor your food instead of adding less healthy toppings such as butter, margarine, or gravy.
7) Trim the skin and fat off of your meat ~ You'll still get plenty of flavor and it's more nutritious.
8) Slowly change your dairy fat intake ~ I have weened my family to fat-free/low fat dairy products. Whenever I can I will use fat-free milk in recipes and reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, low fat sour cream, & reduced fat cream cheese. Once in the meal you can't really tell a difference.
9) Use cooking Spray ~ I use cooking spray instead of butter/oil. Less calories & fat. Check label's first.
10) I substitute regular pasta's and rice ~ With High-Fiber and Whole-Grain Pastas they are the best for you. Whole grain rice is the healthiest rice. Brown organic rice as well. I have tried several different brands as they all all taste a bit different. The family majority rule wins on the best flavor.
I feel that this is all good advice. We get caught up these days in quickness. But, a lot of these steps are easy. Once you make the conscious effort to eat healthier it just becomes routine. I hope I was able to give you a few new idea's at least to try for yourself and/or your family. Good luck & here's to HEALTHIER EATING!
~ Bon Appetit! [I wish you] a hearty appetite!
About Heinz WeightWatchers SmartOnes:
From breakfast to lunch, dinner, desserts and snacks, Weight Watchers® Smart Ones® has a variety of great tasting, good-for-you meal options to help you manage your weight. So start eating smart, today.
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and WeightWatchers SmartOnes blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
Hi everyone! Thanks to the FlyLady (http://www.flylady.net/) for dinner reminders and great recipes, I'm wanting to share with you one of my easiest dinner recipes for a busy family. Now that school is back in session for my children we are all often running in different directions with school activities & sports. I want to make sure everyone gets a good meal. So here is my Taco Soup Recipe! One of my children's favorites! Couldn't be any easier... The Crock Pot comes in handy this time of year.
2 lbs. Ground Beef [or substitute w/ ground turkey]
2 Cans Pinto Beans
2 Cans Black Beans Rinsed
2 Cans Corn
2 Packet each of:
Ranch ORIGINAL Dressing
4 Cans 10 oz. Rotelle Tomato and Chili’s [hot or mild]
2-4 Cups of Water
Brown meat, drain. Add all ingredients to Crockpot. I keep mine on Low for about 4 hours.
Then top with whatever fixings you like or may have when your ready... tortilla chips, pepper jack cheese, or your favorite cheese, sour cream, avocado's, fresh cut cilantro.
You can't hurt this soup. Adjust the water to your preference and time as needed. This recipe can be cut in half as this is for a family of 8.
Mother of 6 Amazing, Beautiful, Healthy Children, I am a SHE: Stay @ Home Executive! I am excited to Share/Learn about Beauty Secrets and Share/Learn some secrets on Motherhood & raising a Family! I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often... I will also offer giveaways periodically.
All PR pitches are welcome! I love to review products, new or old, so if you have a product that you would like to promote, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Reviews are FREE of charge however, I do get the benefit of keeping the product[s] that I have reviewed.
Giveaway Scout is a giveaway search engine. Their users subscribe to receive updates on the latest giveaways on the web. Add your blog and your giveaways will be exposed to their large network or users.
This policy is valid from 02 January 2010
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
The owner(s) of this blog will never receive compensation in any way from this blog.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org