Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Mother is...

The glue that holds together the family! A Mother is SO many things... she wears many, many hats! I never really realized as a little girl growing up HOW much my Mom actually did.  Being a mother of six myself it is a non stop job as you Mother's know.  There is NO time to even be sick.  I've also come to realize that Mother = Maid.  I only wished that my Mother would have emphasized this part of motherhood so I would have been more prepared.  The best part of being a Mother is the unconditional LOVE that is shared... even though as your little person grows to be a teenager this is in question but, then to return when they realize once they reach adulthood how much you really do and have done for them!
[I really could go on & on... but, I tried to keep it short & sweet as I am lacking sleep right now and am not wanting to cry so that my eyes are puffy for Mother's Day]


A Mother...
When you're a child she walks before you,
To set an example.
When you're a teenager she walks behind you
To be there should you need her.
When you're an adult she walks beside you
So that as two friends you can enjoy life together...
Author Unknown 

 
Happy Mother's Day to all the AMAZING woman out there!


If I Knew As A Child...
If I knew as a child what I know now, Mom,
I probably wouldn't have made things
so hard for you.
I would have understood
that you were looking out for my best interest
even though it may not have seemed so at the time.
I would have known how difficult it is to let go,
to stand back and let someone you love
learn from their mistakes.
I would have realized
how fortunate I was to have a mother
who was always there for me,
even after an argument,
even after I'd said things
I shouldn't have.
While it's too late for a lot of things
it's not too late for me to tell you
that I appreciate how loving you are,
how giving you've always been
and that even though
I may not always be good at showing it,
I love you very much.

Renee Duvall
 
Amazing Mom & Blogger Loukia (LouLou's Views) came up with the idea of "A Mother is..." post and I thought it is an exceptional topic (read her own "A Mother is..." post over here).

1 comments:

Dose Pharmacy said...

Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

Post a Comment