Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Seventy-Four Children's Birthday Celebrations -- and Today my Baby is Four!

Oh, Summer days as a bizee Mama... I haven't gotten to the point of writing on my blog yet about my actual personal life/family.  So, today is the day!  I am a bizee mama of 6 amazing, beautiful, healthy, challenging children... and these are some long Summer days!  Three (3) Birthday's this month, three (3) pageants, the County Fair, sports, friend sleepovers, late night refrigerator raids, camping, swimming, & about any other activity you could think of. 

But, my baby has turned 4 years old today and it is a mix of emotions for me.  My baby is four.  I don't want him to get any older!  He went to bed saying his prayer... may the angels watch me through the night until I wake in the morning light... so I can be four! -- AMEN!  This brought tears to his daddy and my eyes.  What a simple request but, yet so significant.  To him it was simple.  To us our baby... who brings us so much LOVE, JOY, & HAPPINESS another year of learning, exploring, getting taller, making new friends, boo boo's, hugs, laughter, being a whole year older and so much more!

He woke running in our room this morning saying, "I'm four years old today!  Am I bigger?  Where's the cake & balloons?"... "Yes, you are four and you are bigger and cake & balloons are coming!".  Not, "Where are my presents?".  Which we have gotten him a new shiny bike! We can't wait to give it to him!  But, that was not what he was concerned with.  He is concerned about being bigger and older.  All the new fun things you can do at 4 that you couldn't do at 3.  We are off to a good start!

The joys of children & Birthdays!  I have celebrated so far: 74!  YES, Seventy Four children's Birthday's and adding to this number two more this month on the 10th & 14th.  How blessed we are!
We've celebrated BIG & small... and I must admit their is plenty of celebration in just a little, simple few friends, or a couple cousins, a cake, some balloons, and a few presents to celebrate their birth! That is our plan this evening!  Happy "4th" Birthday Brody Patrick! ~ We love you! 
"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way." - Dr. Seuss

13 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy 4th birthday to your baby..Following from MBC

XmasDolly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY! How cute! I have a piece of cake with a flower please ~~ hehe Hope he had many balloons too! They're so cute at that age. I saw that you entered my give-away (good luck) & I decided to pop over & return the follow. Thanks much! Have a great day.

Kathleen said...

Happy Birthday to your baby and may he have many many more! Thanks for stopping by my blog from BloggyMoms. I am now following you as well.

Kathleen
http://www.lifewith4boys.com

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about feeling sad about kids growing up. I have both at 3 & 5 year old and it is bittersweet. I follow you through MBC. www.AkronOhioMoms.com

Heather/Life With The Stevens said...

i love that Dr Suess quote!
I'm a new follower from MBC
I hope you'll follow back!
-Heather
www.lifewiththestevens.com

Janelle said...

I hope your son has a great birthday!
Love your blog! I am now following you. I found you on Bloggy Moms.

Janelle
www.sweetteaandgiggles.blogspot.com

Scarlet of Moms Wear Your Tees said...

I love that Dr. Suess book. We read it all the time!
I am your newest blog follower.
I hope you get a chance to check out my green mom giveaway blog.
Thanks!

Sandra said...

You have 6 kids and you're still all pretty! You are my hero...I know I'm superficial, I never claimed to be deep and insightful!
Found you on Bloggy Moms Follow you/Follow Me!
So glad I did! This is terrific stuff!
http://www.absolutelynarcissism.blogspot.com

Erinn Giblin said...

Happy Birthday to your baby!

Following you back from:

www.mrsmamadrama.com

Life's Journey said...

happy Birthday to your big boy. It was so heart warming to read about his prayer. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Have an AWESOME weekend.
Aretha
http://visionsofpurpose.blogspot.com

Jacqui said...

Six little ones?? Bless you! lol. That's awesome though :) Happy belated birthday to your big man there!

Thanks for stopping over at my blog! I am a fellow blogging mommy and now following you as well!

http://singlemama-reviewcorner.blogspot.com/

Melanie Payne said...

I love kiddies bdas :) it's just as fun for the Moms as it is for the kids :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog, here to follow :)
~Melanie

Dose Pharmacy said...

Thank you again for your flawless service, and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Post a Comment